- Master of Library and Information Science, June 2021
- Informatics specialization
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts, Art History, May 2019
- Premodern Global Studies Minor
- Summa Cum Laude
- California State University, Channel Islands
- GETTY RESEARCH INSTITUTE - Digital Art History Graduate Fellow, September 2021 to Present
- Support the Pre-Hispanic Art Provenance Initiative through archival documentation and research.
- Complete data management tasks to catalog, transcribe, standardize, and visualize provenance data.
- Create and edit records for Social Networks and Archival Context (SNAC Cooperative)
- Collaborate on and support cross-departmental LibGuide project.
- Contribute to project management documentation such as project charters, manuals, notes, and statistics.
- Recommend and implement technologies based on the current and evolving practice, trends, and standards in the broader archival research field.
- UCLA ARTS LIBRARY - Library Reference Assistant, September 2019 to June 2021
- Conducted reference interviews in-person and online to recommend research strategies and reference sources from physical and digital resources in the disciplines of fine art, art history, animation, film, television, theater, architecture, museum studies, and design.
- Contributed metrics and assessment data to analyze and continually improve reference services.
- Utilized current library technologies to provide digital reference to assist researchers around the world (LibChat) and create special topic digital research guides for accessibility on the library website (LibGuides).
- Co-curated a digital exhibit for the UCLA Franklin D. Murphy Sculpture Garden using the UCLA Library digital collections with the use of Adobe Spark platform.
- UCLA LIBRARY Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services - Cataloging Intern, September 2020 to June 2021
- Create and enhance original MARC catalog records within OCLC Connexion software client and the UCLA Library’s Voyager ILS for incoming foreign-language monographs (Spanish, French, and German) of various disciplines.
- Assign descriptive bibliographic metadata to catalog records based on national standards, such as RDA and the Library of Congress Program for Cooperative Cataloging Policy Statements.
- Attach Library of Congress Subject Headings and LC Classification to catalog records for optimal searching and discoverability of collection resources.
- Perform LC-PCC compliant authority work by creating and updating authority files based on NACO and SACO training and guidelines.
- LAW LIBRARY OF CONGRESS - Remote Metadata Intern, September 2020 to September 2021
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills to oversee the work of 14 interns, assisted with onboarding and training, assigned metadata tasks, created and maintained project documentation, and ensured organized team workflow and collaboration.
- Described digitized historical volumes of the U.S. Statutes at Large and performed subject analysis at the law-level for several thousands of enacted laws. Assigned metadata according to local standards and conducted metadata clean-up to facilitate access and discoverability on congress.gov.
- LAW LIBRARY OF CONGRESS - Junior Fellow, May to August 2020
- Gathered and analyzed data for the library’s online collections; prepared and presented statistical report and visual infographic to the Law Librarian of Congress and other stakeholders.
- Worked to improve user experience of the Law Library of Congress website and several LibGuides for the discovery of digital legal resources and promote global access to the library’s digital resources and services.
- Assigned descriptive metadata to digitized historical congressional records to enhance online accessibility.
- SANTA BARBARA HISTORICAL MUSEUM - Digital Resource Development Intern, June 2020 to September 2020
- Conducted primary source research to enhance collection provenance records. Utilized digital research tools to gather biographical information about collection donors and illuminate women’s history in the area.
- Recorded and structured completed research into local ArchivesSpace collection management system.
- UCLA INFORMATION STUDIES LAB - Reference and Research Assistant, September 2019 to March 2020
- Actively performed assistance to researchers using research lab resources, including the general and archival library collections, digital services and software, film and video resource equipment.
- Managed collection catalog and processed new acquisitions.
- Coordinated, planned, and led practical research workshops for Library and Information Science graduate students.
- ART LIFE FOUNDATION - Archives Catalog Assistant, June 2018 to February 2020
- Collaboratively developed and maintained an original catalog for the archival collection of rare artist publications and ephemera. Performed metadata quality evaluations regularly.
- Monitored, processed, arranged, described, and researched the physical archival collection.
- Performed best practices for archival preservation of print-based materials, carefully handled and rehoused objects when necessary.
- CAMARILLO PUBLIC LIBRARY - Library Assistant II, December 2016 to September 2019
- Assisted a diverse range of community members by sharing helpful information regarding library collection and services based on their individual needs and interests.
- Frequently checked materials for circulation, created library accounts, and solved a variety of account issues.
- Physically handled and processed incoming materials and regularly updated the catalog’s item records in the Polaris ILS.
Skills & Proficiencies
- General software and tools:
- Tableau data visualization
- oXygen XML Editor
- WordPress and Omeka CMS
- GitHub hosting
- Figma UX research & prototyping
- Microsoft Office (with advanced Excel skills) and Google Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark)
- Library and archive applications
- Alma ILS, Voyager ILS, Polaris ILS
- OCLC Connexion
- LC Cataloger’s Desktop
- LC ClassWeb
- Springshare LibApps
- SNAC Cooperative (editor)
- Technical Languages
- XML, HTML, SQL, Git
- Metadata Standards
- Content Standards: RDA, DACS
- Structure Standards: MARC, EAD, Dublin Core, VRA Core, MODS
- Value Standards: LCSH, LCNAF, LCGFT, AAT, ULAN, TGN
- “Computer Vision for Visual Arts Collections: Looking at Algorithmic Bias, Transparency, and Labor,” Art Documentation: Journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 198–208, doi: 10.1086/716730.
- ARLIS/NA 2022 Annual Conference, “Visual Literacy In and Beyond the Classroom,” co-presentation, April 2022
- UCLA Artifacts Conference, “Evaluating Machine Learning for Arts Collections,” June 2021
- ARLIS/NA 2021 Annual Conference, New Voices in the Profession session, “Computer Vision for Visual Arts Collections: Looking at Algorithmic Bias, Transparency, and Labor,” May 2021
Instruction & Teaching
- Co-Instructor, “ArLiSNAP: Creating and Maintaining Professional Workshops,” Art Libraries Society of North America 2022 Annual Conference, April 2022
- Teaching Assistant, UCLA Department of Design Media Arts, DESMA 9: Art, Science, and Technology, Professor Victoria Vesna, Spring Quarter 2021
- Co-Instructor, “Finding Image Resources Workshop,” UCLA Arts Library, April 2021
- Co-Instructor, “Finding Sources in the UCLA Library,” UCLA Cornerstone Workshop Series, January 2021
- Co-Instructor, “Collecting and Citing Sources,” UCLA Cornerstone Workshop Series, October 2020
- Co-Instructor, “Intro to Archival Processing,” UCLA Information Studies Research Lab, March 2020
- 2022 Art Libraries Society of North America Howard Karno Award
- 2021 California Rare Book School Course Scholarship
- 2021 Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarship
- 2021 Art Libraries Society of North America Gerd Muehsam Award
- 2020 UCLA Information Studies Digital Resource Development Initiative Award
- Library Juice Academy Cataloging and Technical Services Certificate (in-progress, expected May 2022)
- Library Juice Academy XML and RDF-Based Systems Certificate (in-progress, expected July 2022)
- ARLIS/NA & VRA Summer Educational Institute (SEI) Digital Stewardship of Visual Information Certificate, June 2021
- UCLA Graduate Certificate in Digital Humanities, June 2021
- UCLA Library Data Science Carpentry Certificate, February 2021
- Infopeople Data Privacy Advocacy Certificate, April 2020
- Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) - Member
- Art Library Students & New ARLIS Professionals (ArLiSNAP) - 2021-2023 Co-Moderator
- Co-lead group of 11 ArLiSNAP volunteers across North America
- Perform outreach, organize programming, collaborate with ARLIS/NA stakeholders
- Establish strategic goals and implement planning
- Conduct recruitment of new volunteers
- Regularly review/update documentation and funding requests
- ARLIS/NA Strategic Planning Task Force Committee - 2022 Member
- ARLIS/NA Student Advancement Awards Subcommittee - 2022 Member
- Southern California Technical Processes Group - 2020-2022 Secretary & Treasurer
- Special Libraries Association, UCLA Student Chapter - 2020-2021 Co-President
- Artifacts, UCLA Student Organization - 2020-2021 Web Chair
- The Horn Press, UCLA Book Arts Student Organization - 2020-2021 Member
- Society of American Archivists - 2019-2021 Student Member
- J. Paul Getty Museum, Instructional Gallery Docent, October 2018 – May 2020
- CSUCI Alumni Mentorship, Mentor, February 2020 – Present
- Camarillo Ranch House, Tour Docent, June 2016 – October 2018